This site is owned and operated by ADA Publishing and has a registered office of 1 Russell Court, St Andrew Street, Plymouth, PL1 2AX. At ADA Publishing (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘ADA’) are committed to protecting your privacy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws, including GDPR, and requirements for user privacy.
OPT-OUT The cookies in use to deliver Google Analytics service are described in the table below.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|_ga||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|_gat||This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to restrain request rate and thus limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.|
|_gid||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category .|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Analytics" category .|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Necessary" category .|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to store the user consent for cookies in the category "Others".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to store the user consent for cookies in the category "Performance".|
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
- Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
- Mozilla Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Blocking%20cookies
- Apple Safari http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=32467
CONTACT AND COMMUNICATION
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. This personal information will only be used to contact you in regards to your communication and not for any other purpose. Your personal information is kept private and is stored securely until a time it is no longer required in line with the new GDPR regulation.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
As an author of ADA, we may hold your personal information for the length of the contract and use it to contact you in regards to the contract itself.
We do not share your personal data with any third parties outside the EU. If this were to change, we would notify you via a notice on our website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
Your data is not subject to Automated Decision Making.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR DATA
You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
You have the right to access your own personal data by means of a ‘Subject Access Request’,
- This request must be made in writing, electronically and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This request will be fulfilled within 30 calendar days to the original method of contact.
- There is no fee for a Subject Access Request, however if the request is found to be manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge you a reasonable administrative fee or refuse to fulfil your request.
- The exceptions to this are:
- Data that could disclose a trade secret
- Data about you that is subject to a legal professional privilege
- Data that discloses the identity of third parties unless their prior consent is received.
- We have been advised that your personal information cannot be recovered without causing harm to data backups.
- You have the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data amended. To do this, the changes must be emailed to email@example.com
- You have the right to request that your personal data is erased whereby we are not entitled under the law to process it or it is no longer necessary to process it for its original purpose. To do so, your request must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- While you are requesting that personal data is corrected, erased or are contesting its lawfulness of our processing, you can apply for it to be restricted while the application is made. To do this, your request must be made in writing to email@example.com
- You have the right to object to how we are processing your data in some cases. However, in some cases it is not possible to object.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent, to do this, it must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your data.
CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS
- If you are unhappy, concerned or would like to make a complaint about the way your data is being collected or used, you can either contact us as the ‘Data Controller’ or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Complaints can be made to ADA Publishing directly via email on email@example.com
- Full contact details for the Information Commissioners Office can be found on their website (ico.org.uk) along with further guidance on your rights and obligations.